I’m always discovering new things that I love. I’m a compulsive try-er. When shopping for clothes, I’ll try just about anything on “just to see”. I’m not a picky eater; I’ll try any food once. I smell every single candle/perfume/lotion when I see any. You get my drift. What I’m trying to say here is, I always always have favorite things! These are my favorite things from previous months June-August. Since I wasn’t blogging then, I figured I would just conglomerate them.
- Pajama Sets
- Pajama sets are the cutest, quirkiest, most wonderful types of pajamas. I’ve been telling myself for months that I’m going to start wearing real pajamas and not just giant t-shirts with underwear, my usual. I bought a set of Gilligan & O’Malley pajamas (these in navy) and quickly fell in love. They’re so cute on and the vintage style makes me feel like Lucy Ricardo when I wake up in the morning.
- Lucky Brand Asherr Desert Booties
- My grandmother and great aunt got me these booties after months and months of searching for the perfect pair. They’re comfortable and versatile and a perfect pattern mixing companion. They also look perfect paired with jeans or shorts or my Cloth & Stone denim dress from Anthropologie.
- Françoise Hardy
- One of my ultimate style icons. Françoise Hardy is the epitome of cool. She’s the definition of 1960s French style. If you haven’t, check out her music and just browse through some photos of her. It’ll give you the most serious fashion inspiration.
- Go Be Lovely Coconut Milk Mango Hand Cream
- I work at Anthropologie, and every time I’m there, I sneak over to the table where this hand cream stays and I get myself some. It smells divine and causes me to compulsively sniff my hands throughout the day. I’m obsessed with it. I haven’t bought any of the hand cream yet, but I did buy my mom the candle for Mother’s Day, and it’s just as wonderful.
- Kate Spade Gramercy Grand Watch
- I got this watch for Christmas and my love for it grows more and more each day. Kate Spade is my favorite designer simply because her pieces are always so bright, colorful, fun, and happy. This watch is perfect, though. It’s simple, with one bright pop of a hot pink spade serving as the “12”. It’s minimalist, not as clunky and massive as the insanely popular Michael Kors (who I disdain, only because he’s become superfluous). Kate Spade is the way to go.
- Terms of Endearment
- Why it took me so long to see this film is beyond me, but it’s excellent! Let’s take a moment to appreciate Debra Winger’s voice, in all of it’s raspy-ness. Shirley Maclaine is wonderful, as always. Hysterical and charmingly bitter and tightly-wound. Jack Nicholson is as sleazy and alluring as ever. It’s just a truly remarkable film that could possibly be where “it will make you laugh, it will make you cry” originated from, if you ask me. It’s available on Netflix Instant for your viewing pleasure.